Acceptance into SHARP (Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program) from OSHA is a status achievement that singles out Riggio Valve among business peers as a model for worksite safety and health. Only 14 locations in New Jersey have achieved OSHA’s SHARP recognition.
The achievement is the direct result of the extraordinary commitment Riggio Valve has consistently demonstrated over time. The path to achievement was persistently pursued by both management and employees to implement improvements with testing and documentation to demonstrate compliance.
Program elements are based on OSHA guidelines and on safety and health management practices that are used by employers who are successful in protecting the safety and health of their employees, clients and vendors.
The SHARP acceptance is founded on the following concepts:
- Institute and maintain policies, procedures, and practices that recognize and protect employees from occupational safety and health hazards.
- Systematic identification, and prevention of potential hazards, which may arise from foreseeable conditions.
- Looking beyond specific requirements of law to address all hazards.
- Seeking to prevent injuries and illnesses, whether or not compliance is at issue.
- Ensuring clear communication with consistent and fair application of rules.
- Management commitment and employee involvement in workers safety and health as a fundamental value of the organization.
- Safety and health training that addresses the responsibilities of all personnel.
The United States Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) certified that Riggio Valve meets the SHARP requirements on April 28, 2017.